- To use a Chromecast to watch HBO Go with either your phone or laptop, the Google streaming device must be connected to your TV and home WiFi network.
- To enable HBO Go to play through your Chromecast, download the most recent version of the Google Home app to your mobile device and connect your phone to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
- You must have an HBO cable subscription through a TV provider to access the HBO Go streaming service through Chromecast.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Among the many streaming services Chromecast supports is HBO Go, which comes free with a subscription to the premium cabler that’s paid through a TV provider such as Xfinity or Spectrum. Once you sync your HBO Go account to your Chromecast and log in, you can watch your favorite HBO series like “Succession,” “Insecure” and “Westworld” anytime.
You simply plug your Chromecast into your TV and sync it with the Google Home app using the same Wifi network. Once you have your hardware and app set up, watching is as simple as tapping the cast icon in the top right corner of the HBO Go app or your Chrome browser.
Before you begin streaming your favorite HBO Go movies and TV series, you should also check that you’ve got the latest version of the Chromecast software, Google Home and HBO Go downloaded.
Here’s how to connect and watch your HBO Go account with your Chromecast.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to watch HBO Go through Chromecast using a computer
1. Open your computer or chromebook and log into HBOGo.com using the Google Chrome browser.
2. If you haven’t added the “Cast” button to your Chrome toolbar, select the “More” button in the top right of the browser window and choose the “Cast” option from the dropdown menu.
3. Once the “Cast” button appears in the toolbar, or if you already added it, click the button to begin casting.
4. Select your TV device from the dropdown menu that appears.
5. On your laptop or Chromebook, begin watching a program and wait for it to appear on your TV screen.
6. Click the cast button in your browser window and select “Stop Casting” when you’re finished watching.
How to watch HBO Go through Chromecast using a mobile device
1. Open the HBO Go app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Sign into your HBO Go account if you are not already.
3. Select the show or film you want to cast and begin playing it.
4. Find the square “Cast” icon at the top of the HBO Go player screen. Tap it.
5. A list of places you can cast to will appear. Select your TV.
6. The show will appear on your TV screen and the cast button will turn blue to indicate its working.
7. To end a cast, just tap the “Cast” icon again and select “Disconnect” from the dropdown that appears.