Tuesday, October 20, 2020
22 C
Abuja
Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Chelsea evening headlines as Ajax star granted Blues request and Frank Lampard’s transfer stance

Must read

Is Man United’s Victory At Newcastle Merely Time Bought For Solskjaer?

By Raj Chopra. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be asking himself, like every Manchester United supporter, which team are going to turn up at the Parc...

Here are your Chelsea evening headlines for Monday, May 4.

Ajax confirm transfer agreement with Blues target

Ajax manager Erik ten Hag has revealed that Chelsea target Andre Onana will be allowed to leave the club after an agreement between the two parties.

24-year-old goalkeeper Onana was part of the Ajax side that reached last year’s Champions League semi final but has stated he would like to take a ‘new step’ in his career.

Frank Lampard is said to be on the lookout for a new keeper after recently dropping current number one Kepa Arrizabalaga from the starting line up.

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

The Amsterdam club have said they would stand in the player’s way should an offer come in, according to the Metro.

“it’s true that we have an agreement from last year about the development scenario and what steps we will take if the right club comes in at the right price,” ten Hag told Algemeen Dagblad.

Lampard’s Kante stance amid Real Madrid links

Blues boss Frank Lampard has declared his intention to keep midfielder N’Golo Kante at Stamford Bridge amid interest from Real Madrid.

The midfielder who joined the club from Leicester in 2016 has been subject to speculation over his future with the Spanish giants circling.

Frenchman Kante has suffered with injury problems this campaign, and while providing an update on the player’s fitness, Lampard was categorical in expressing his desire to keep him.

“We obviously need N’Golo Kante in our team, one of the best players in the world.” Lampard told the club website. “I knew that before becoming manager of Chelsea, I know that from working with him.

“We unfortunately haven’t been able to have him much this year, but going forward we want him fit and ready to go.”

Read More

Chelsea during the break

Coutinho urges to snub Chelsea move

Unsettled Barcelona midfielder Phillips Coutinho has been told to stay at Bayern Munich on-loan rather than move to Chelsea.

That’s the view of fellow Brazilian Thiago, also at Bayern.

Coutinho, 27, has struggled since his £142 million switch from Liverpool in 2018, with the Nou Camp club sending him on loan to the German champions this campaign.

Chelsea have been heavily linked with the player, either on loan or on a permanent deal.

However, Thiago feels Coutinho will be better off staying at the Allianz arena if he wants to get back to his best.

“Players go through good and not so good moments and he is giving us a lot,” Thiago told Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia. “We hope to have him next year too.”

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article