- Assume overall responsibility for content production for the whole West Africa Anglophone region.
- Develop sound content plans and ensure full implementation.
- Write, publish and moderate content on the portal.
- Build a strong team of contributors for the region.
- Prepare newsletter content.
- Ensure consistent and organised communication with users, management and content providers.
- Drive social media campaigns.
- Attend and review industry events, expos, forums and conferences.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new partners to enhance the project.
- Represent Music In Africa at conferences, festivals and other relevant events.
- Collaborate with other regional editors and contributors on social media and SEO strategies to increase engagement across the Music In Africa footprint.
- Ensure consistent and organised communication with content providers.
- Perform the day-to-day administration duties of the project and other duties as needed.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Diploma/Degree in Journalism, Communications etc).
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as an editor/writer (web and/or print)
- Strong management, coordination and organisational skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Familiarity with the African music sector and a good network of relevant contacts.
- Knowledge of social networks and how they are being used to drive content.
- Strong knowledge of Content Management Systems, SEO, social media principles and digital content creation.
- Excellent written skills in English, ideally with sub-editing and translating experience.
- Flawless attention to detail.
- Ability to manage an office.
- Ability to work under pressure. Must be able to work long hours, especially when deadlines are looming.
- French is a plus.
How to apply
NB: No chancers. This job is for motivated self-starters who do not need reminders to fulfil their duties. Flawless planning and editorial skills are a must. If your work would require other people to sub then this job is definitely not for you.
Send your CV and a short motivation letter plus three links or copies of recent articles to Kalin Pashaliev at email@example.com no later than 28 May 2020. Applicants who do not hear from us by 15 June 2020 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Job title: Regional Editor – West Africa
Remuneration: Basic salary
Starting: June-July 2020